[tweetmeme]Anyone who knows me, reads my blog or follows me on twitter will know that I am somewhat of a social media evangelist and right now its a hotly debated subject in the field of recruitment. I believe, as some others do, that social ‘connecting’ will have a significant impact on recruitment and will be a significant enabler of people moving in and out of organisations in the future. But right now I appear to be in the minority.
So, rather than wait for the market to produce an example where a key role has been filled through social connecting, we have decided to test the concept and create our own. And that’s were we need your help! We have a great role to fill, and I want to see the impact that resourcing through my social connections can have. So without further ado:
The role is a c£80k Head of HR for a financial services (non banking) company. They are a multi award winning organisation for both customer service and employee engagement and are in the top segment of the UK’s high performing organisations (officially measured). I personally know the HR Director extremely well – we placed them a number of years ago. They are one of the most credible, commercial and professional individuals I have met in HR so needless to say this is a great opportunity.
The details of the role can be found here but a top line of the kind of person we are looking for in terms of experience:
- A solid background in generalist HR and Management
- Strong compensation and benefits experience
- Experience of managing centralised employee services environments
- High levels of numeracy and attention to detail
How can you help?
Spread the word! Some things that you can do to push the role out beyond the traditional recruitment channels would be:
- Enter the link to this blog in your LinkedIn status message
- Send a message with a link to this post to your connections on linked in
- Tweet this post on twitter
- Refer to this post in your own blog if you have one or:
- Guest post me – put my post up as a guest post on your blog
- Send a message out via facebook if you are comfortable with that
Getting in touch
The role is being handled by my good colleague Louise Curtis but if you have any questions you can contact either of us as follows:
Louise: Twitter: @lou_kiwi_curtis or LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/louisecurtis
Gareth: Twitter: @garelaos or LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/garethmjones
I’m not sure how we are going to measure the results as yet, but we are hopeful that the momentum we can generate together will demonstrate the power and speed of social connections made through social media.
Thanking you all in advance for your help and support. Over to you!